I haven't figured out how to sync GoodReads and BookLikes, so I'm slowly adding books by hand.
I don't love the format for adding books, it's neither quick nor easy for a prolific reader. And I still haven't quite figured out how to add a book that isn't out yet. But, I will. It'll get done. :)
We're very sorry to inform you that BookLikes -> Goodreads Synchronization is switched off. We've received mail from Goodreads Staff who are blaming BookLikes' sync for not working right.
All BookLikes Team hopes that this is just misunderstanding and will be sorted out soon. Until then we decided to switch off the BL->GR synchronization option. The text below describes in details how the synchronization proceeded.
How synchronization works
1. You registered and looked around. You went into Explore page to see what's up and how to make things here and then to Settings to set up your preferences. Sine you like to stay active on book social sites, you decided to check how synchronization works.
2. You've connected your accounts in Settings/Import - this means they are joined now. You search for books using search box on the top, the books are found, you decide to add them to your Shelf on BookLikes. Books are added. At the same time ISBN numbers are processed and books with corresponding numbers are added to your GR profile.
3. Then you noticed that one of the book you've recently added isn't the one you would like to read. You decide to remove it from shelf. Sync system recognizes ISBN number and removes the book from both accounts.
4. Next thing you do is to change reading status. You go to your BookLikes Shelf, click on the book cover, choose status Read and add rating stars. The system recognizes the book that you've added to your both accounts thanks to ISBN number and shows rating stars on your Shelf on BookLikes and on My Books page on Goodreads.
5. Then you decide to write a review. You click on the book on Shelf, add text and Publish on your BookLikes Blog. The system is already familiar with the book and the review is added to your both accounts (BookLikes & Goodreads).
6. Next you decide to put the book on a different shelf, let's say "Books I loved", you create the shelf and add book to this thematic shelf. Thanks to synchronization you don't have to think about creating the shelf on Goodreads account as it was mirrored from your BookLikes profile. The book is shelved on the same shelves on both services.
7. OK, so you like the new site and decide to import your collection. The book import also uses ISBN numbers to make a book match. Once the import is finished all your books are on your shelves. This means that if you connect your both accounts in this moment, each edition of your data and each point presented above will be mirrored on your GR account.
Synchronization includes all your data and actions on your BookLikes profiles. Synchronization cannot choose where to stay ON and where to stay OFF. That's why when you've edited your imported books and reviews with synchronization switched on, all changes were mirrored on your Goodreads profile. If you make any change to raring, review or a book, the system will process ISBN number of books and mirror your actions on your GR profile.
We want to reassure you that we've never manipulated your content, added or removed any of your data without your permission. As we mentioned in our Community Guidelines, each member is administrator of his/her own webpage which include Blog, Shelf, Timeline and only he/she can remove data from the site.
We were really surprised about the situation, especially that we did not receive any mail about the problem of disappearing content in terms of synchronization. BookLikes Community can always count on our support and assist, we answer to each and every remark and we truly hope this issue will be solved really soon. If you noticed that something disturbing is happening to your books, please let us know. We'll check that and sort things out.
We also wanted to let you know that the changes to BL->GR synchronization and the fact it's temporary unavailable does not affect import. Import option stays active and can be used.
Cover reveal for Even Villains Go To The Movies!
Don't you love the cover?
When your mother is America’s Superhero Sweetheart and your daddy’s the Number One Super Villain, you grow up feeling a little conflicted.
Angela Smith has superpowers—nothing that will ever make her comic-book famous—but her ability to psychically sense and manipulate the emotions of people around her has drawn unwanted government attention. Forced to choose between her quiet life as a teacher under constant surveillance or the life of a rogue, she chooses the latter. She plans to hide out in sunny Los Angeles where being a blue-eyed blonde won’t make anyone bat a false eyelash.
Silver screen star by day, superhero by night, Arktos is a triple-threat. He can fly, freeze anything, and see glimpses of the future, all of which he needs to keep the city of Los Angeles safe, but which does nothing for his social life. When a frightening vision of an explosion leads him to rescue a damsel in distress, he finds himself trading Shakespearean insults with a rogue.
Angela knows just how dangerous well-intentioned superheroes can be: one tried to kill her family when she was young. Arktos knows he should hand the rogue over to Company justice; it’s not safe for someone like her to be in the middle of a fight.
But they can’t seem to stay apart. And together, they just might be able to melt all the obstacles standing between true love for a hero and a villain.
Coming November 15th from Breathless Press
I don't know why it took so long for me to find you, but I'm new. Be gentle to me. I'm still trying to figure out how to add books I've read and how this all works.
I always love book recommendations: funny, fast-paced, SF/UF preferred. Explosions and witty one-liners always make me happy. Let me know if there's a book out there I should be reading.